The island of Vis is situated behind the islands Brac and Hvar as the third in a row by the distance from Split, central port in Croatia. Ferry from Split to Vis drives about 2 hours and 15 minutes and it is possible to transport with a catamaran. Vis is an island rich in history, the first written notice of Vis was 1000 years ago when ancient polis-Issawas mentioned. There are many remains of this history on Visa from ancient to recent times. You can visit the museum of Vis, Roman spa, or Tito's cave, where Josip Broz Tito occasionally directed operations against the fascists in World War II. The decision of the former communist state government in Vis didn't allow foreigners to come on the island up to 1989, because there were many military bases there. This caused that Vis intensively developed tourism only recently, but it is his advantage because it preserves the look of the Mediterranean from past times. On the island of Vis, there are two major settlements. These are the Town of Vis and Komiža. Through the town of Vis spans a large port in which sail numerous yachts and ships in the afternoon and create a very attractive picture. In the city there are 3 hotels and numerous apartments and rooms in private accommodation. In Vis and Komiža you can eat the best freshly caught fish and drink wine, for which the ancient writer Agatarhid said that was the best in the Mediterranean. There are numerous restaurants that sell fish caught by local fishermen because the island is a fishing center. Komiža is on the other, western side of the island of Vis. Komiža residents have a long tradition in fisheries and there is a unique Museum of fishing. In the vicinity of Komiža there are numerous pebble beaches where you can enjoy. Other major towns on the island are Milna and Rukavac. A few kilometers from Komiža there is a small island Bisevo with a natural phenomenon the Blue Cave, which you simply have to visit! From Vis and Komiza visit Omis, Duce, Dugi Rat and Gata. You can also easily visit Brela. You can go on a one day trip to Baska Voda. See the charter offer in marina Split and find the offer of apartments in Vis.
|26.02.||13°C 55°F||Chance of Rain 75% 14 S|
|Mon||min: 13°C max: 14°C||Partly Cloudy|
|Tue||min: 13°C max: 15°C||Partly Cloudy|
|Wed||min: 11°C max: 14°C||Chance of Rain|
|Thu||min: 11°C max: 13°C||Clear|
TO ISLANDS TRAVEL
MON - FRI : 8:00 - 16:00 h
tel: +385 (0)21 494 802
fax: +385 (0)21 494 820
10000 houses, apartments and rooms in offer.
- 3600 charter boats.
- Direct contracts with the owners.
- Approved properties with the licence to work. Detailed descriptions and pictures.
- The exact location of objects on the map.
- We will respond to all questions regarding destination and accommodation.
- Special offers - frequent price discounts. Just ask!
- We assist in resolving any problems regarding accommodation.
- Most properties are reserved by advance payment and the rest payment upon arrival.
- You pay on the account in the bank that is in the SEPA system (no costs of money transfer)
- You can pay online by credit card via the secure link.
- You receive voucher via e-mail after we receive the payment.
- Personal insurance covered by Allianz.
- We are members of the Association of Croatian Travel Agencies.
- 10 years of experience, thousands of satisfied guests.
- Our offer lists at: Casamundo, Atraveo, E-domizil, Tripadvisor, Flipkey, Holidaylettings, CaseVacanza, Homeaway, Fewodirekt etc.